It is amazing to me how time flies. It seems like a whole lifetime ago when Ben was born. What a different world that was for us. He reached a milestone in his own life this year by turning 10! While there are those who may think that it is just another birthday, to me it really signified the growing up process. To me, it is a time to seperate the small child to the start of another journey. While he is still a child, the place in his life that he has reached challenges me as a parent and a woman.
Even yesterday I looked at him and I swore he had grown another foot! His young face is changing and the manner in which he talks, behaves, and even walks has changed. How weird it will be to walk through puberty and watch as the physical changes take place! All I can to that is- I am glad that I have a husband who can be there for him! I have no experience in that department for a boy!
Ben is very different that what I have always though he was. Most characteristics have stayed the same since birth, there are a few that have developed over the years. I admit that I am not always the most understanding when it comes to accepting that. I struggle with the image of who I want him to be. I have to constantly remind myself that he is not mine, but on loan from the Lord. God has him here in my care for HIS purpose.
Ben is a good kid and he is doing well in adjusting to this growing up. Atleast I hope he is. My prayer for this next year is that his faith in Jesus grows deeper. For whatever his life becomes, his faith is what will sustain him. Holding tight to the hand of the Father is what will get us through the waves of this life. Apart from that, we can't do anything!
